Making a difference – one youth at a time…
“Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct,
in love, in faith, in purity.” - 1 Timothy 4:12
The Youth Ministry strives to train our children, adolescents and young adults to know the Holy Scriptures, which will make them wise unto salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus. The Youth Ministry allows the Holy Spirit to create an atmosphere in which our youth will have a lasting desire to know the Lord Jesus Christ through Bible learning and church-based events and activities.
Is that our children and adolescents will know the scriptures.
That they would experience the power of the Holy Spirit and learn to allow God to create the atmosphere of abundant life.
We have church-based events and activities for children, adolescents and young adults. We are a busy ministry, busying our youth for the Lord’s service.
Some of our activities and events include:
- Weekly children/youth Thursday Bible Class at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday night – youth ministry events (announced)
- Visiting of other churches’ youth events (encourages community involvement)
- Counselors’ meetings (invite other parents to join us in developing child and youth oriented programs and training)
- Attendance at annual youth conventions
- Regular plays and skits that teach our youth through visual experience
- Fundraisers (include meal sales, carwashes, fun fairs, lock-ins, etc.)
Ongoing fun and learning trips include:
- Space center visits
- Wildlife visits
- Plantation tours
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
Contact our Director - Sis. Janice Simpson for more information on how your child
or youth can be involved.
Contact one of our Counselors for more information: Sis. Denise Tanner, Sis. Cheryl Floyd, Sis. Carolyn Johnson, Sis. Kristen Brown, Sis. Lucille Phillips, Sis. Lanisa Milton, Sis. Mary Butler, Sis. Tracey King or Sis. Shirley Cooper.